>

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Beginning.

Mrs D and I have been friends for over 10 years now. We worked together at an all American teen job, in a little Indiana town and our boyfriends had been best friends. We imagined we had it all back then, but that is an entirely different story, another book completely. I don't think at that time either of us could ever have forseen the path of our friendship taking the direction it has. I still find it hard to believe...

This story though, the one I want to tell now, it starts 2 years ago, at what could culminate as the beginning of our true adulthood. It started as a simple trip to visit a friend who had moved away from home, and ended up as the weekend I would meet my husband, a Sailor.

That's right, I took the oath... I am a Navy wife, it's been 1 year and 4 months. And, this past July, Mrs D took the same oath. She too is a Navy wife. Surprisingly, we have been fortunate: our husbands are stationed at the same East Coast base, and we live a city away from each other, a mere 12.6 miles. Mrs D and I have made a fair share of friends out here, but I really have not met another wife, who has gotten lucky enough to have her best friend in the same location as her. This is truly something special and rare, but it makes our story that much more intersting to tell.

Mrs D and I are here together, on this blog to tell our story.

We are Real Navy House Wives,

No comments:

Post a Comment