>

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Take A Quick Dance Over to...

Goodnight Moon and link up!
She hosts a song of the week link up every Thursday!
Clicky:
Goodnight Moon


Our song choice is a nod in the direction of our royal behavior:
Dancing Queen by ABBA

I'm totally joking about the royalty btw.... althought I will say that no matter how old we get as women, we are never Never too old to be treated as a Princess.

Dancing Queen has been a favorite song of mine since I was a child. My mother had me grow up listening to lots of 60's and 70's music, and ABBA  was right there in the midst of it. I'm not even sure anymore how it  became mine and Mrs D's song.... I can only imagine at this point that it has to do with endless hours of karaoke in my dormered attic bedroom. Every high school dance, every wedding, every night at the club or bar, somehow this song always made its way to our ears and then to our feet for an epic girly 3 minutes of dancing. Dance floors clear and Mrs. D and I sing and dance vivaciously.
The whole scene only becomes more boisterous when you add my mother into the mix, as she whoops and hollers with "her girls". I guess, no matter how old you become, Dancing Queen can turn any woman into a 17 year old girl again.



Have a happy jiving day!


2 comments:

  1. Not at all. I believe it became one of our songs because both of our moms made us listen to them growing up and we both loved this song. - Mrs D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this song! What a great choice this week! :)

    ReplyDelete