>

Monday, November 28, 2011

Real Navy Wives...

They know better then to think their husband isn't going to come home and complain about their job in the Navy. A "friend" of mine seems to think that our husbands are to leave work at work and my jaw just about fell into my lap when I saw what she had written. ANY NAVY WIFE KNOWS BETTER THEN TO EVER THINK THAT! If Mr D didn't come home and complain at some point about his day on the ship I would have to take his temp. And I would wonder if he had really went to work that day.

So, she gets all happy because he came home from an underway EARLY then complains because he didn't clean the house while she was grocery shopping, rather he slept. She posted that she was going to yell at him until he finished cleaning. Good lord! If Mr D came back early from an underway I would let the poor guy have a nap, not snap on him for being tired. I am a stay at home wife and, well, cleaning and grocery shopping is SORT OF my job. She is a stay at home wife too so it BLOWS. MY. MIND. that she got so worked up over this.

What I find really funny and even Mr D agrees, is that I would never try to have him clean when he just got back from an underway. And, actually, it looks like a tornado rolled through here after he gets home. What we tend to do the day my husband comes back from an underway is relax. Period. I take care of the things that need to be taken care of during the day so we don't have to be interrupted at night when he is home.

Girl even went on and on about how she had to go out of her way to pick him and a few shipmates up because of them coming home early. How about the fact that THE DAY Mr D came home from deployment we took 1 friend to his car in long term parking THEN still had to take 2 more people home. Did I complain? After not seeing my husband in 6 months I REALLY was dying for some alone time with him but I sure didn't complain.

I really do want to delete this girl from my friends list but if I did I wouldn't have been inspired to write this today now would I have?

In other news: I never shared this with you guys but I miscarried early September. It was the most devastating thing my husband and I have ever been through and now we are TTC again so please send up a prayer or keep your fingers crossed for us. Heck, doing both would be even better.

3 comments:

  1. Wow... I hate wives like that. I'm a stay at home wife too and let me tell you our apartment is always clean! It's my job to do it since I can't get a job and hubby works all the time. There is no excuse to have the husband do anything. I mean especially after an Underway. But if he choses to help out around the house now and then that's always nice. I don't blame you for being upset about it. Also I'm sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it so much! These girls could take a lesson right? And thanks. It was rough, but we are moving on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. when we lost our baby on november 5, 1998, someone gave
    me a card with this poem and it has meant more to me that anything. so i
    thought i would share it. the scripture on the front is Job 1:21 and inside
    it says:
    " I was thinking abut what's ahead for the baby. Can you imagine-it will be
    taking its first steps on the streets of Heaven! Hannah was a mother who
    certainly knows how special a little baby is. Perhaps she'll be the one who
    will let it hold her finger as it takes those first staggering steps; and
    maybe she will be the one to coax it into taking it first steps alone!
    Perhaps Dorcas will see to it that its hems get let out, and that the
    buttons are sewn on that growing child. And Joshua! Just think what it would
    be like for a child to climb into his lap and hear-first hand- about the
    battle of jericho!..
    Maybe Petrer will take it fishing someday! It will never fall out of tree or
    breaks it's leg, for there is no pain or tears there! It won;t be afraid of
    the dark for there is no darkness there. The King of Kings, the Lord of
    Lords, he is the very one who said, "let the little children come to me." I
    expect there will be many a time when he himself will take that baby in his
    lap and let it know a love that makes all other loves seem puny by contrast.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Heavenly Father keeps a few lollipops handy
    for just such occasions....
    And one day, you will be greeted with a " Hi Dad and Mom! I've got some of
    the neatest things to show you; and some really fantastic people i can't
    wait for you to meet."

    ReplyDelete